Moncton Industrial Development (MID) is a non-profit corporation working to promote the economic and industrial development of the City of Moncton.
MID was established in 1959 as a joint partnership of the City and the Chamber of Commerce for the purpose of promoting industrial development through the establishment and development of a new industrial park. Today, the organization owns and operates four industrial parks within the city area – Moncton Industrial Park, Moncton Industrial Park West, Caledonia Industrial Estates, and Moncton East Business Park (Opening Fall 2019).
The Greater Moncton Chamber of Commerce retains its participation through the appointment of three members to MID’s Board of Directors. The organization receives its operating funding through the City of Moncton which in turn appoints nine members to the Board. The Provincial Government also appoints one member.
Board of Directors
- President Mike Mann
- Mayor Dawn Arnold
- Secretary/Treasurer Tom Badger
- Councillor Brian Hicks
- Councillor Greg Turner
- Benoit Doucet
- Robin Drummond
- Michel Noël
- David Jonah
- Dianne VanDommelen
- Richard Tower
- Jean-Marc Picard
- Kevin Silliker
The corporation is managed and operated by a staff of two as follows:
- Pierre Dupuis, General Manager
- Marc-André Boucher, Business Development Officer
Whether it’s new business moving to the community or local business, MID can help with the following:
- Site selection – MID sells land in the Moncton Industrial Park West, Caledonia Industrial Estates, and Moncton East Business Park (Opening Fall 2019).
- Existing Business Facilities – MID can provide information on available manufacturing, warehousing and office space available for lease or purchase.
- MID can provide information and data on the City and the industrial parks in particular.