Moncton Industrial Development
Moncton Industrial Development (MID) is a non-profit corporation working to promote the economic and industrial development of the City of Moncton.
MID was established in 1959 as a joint partnership of the City and the Chamber of Commerce for the purpose of promoting industrial development through the establishment and development of a new industrial park. Today, the organization owns and operates three industrial parks within the city area - Moncton Industrial Park, Moncton Industrial Park West and Caledonia Industrial Estates.
The Greater Moncton Chamber of Commerce retains its participation through the appointment of three members to MID's Board of Directors. The organization receives its operating funding through from the City of Moncton which in turn appoints nine members to the Board. The Provincial Government also appoints one member.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is made up of nine business leaders along with the Mayor, two City Councillors and the City Manager or senior City staff member. The current Board of Directors is composed of the following:
- President Mike Mann
- Mayor Dawn Arnold
- Secretary/Treasurer Tom Badger
- Councillor Pierre Boudreau
- Councillor Charles Leger
- Maurice Belliveau
- Benoit Doucet
- Stephen Eagles
- Michel Noël
- David Jonah
- Dianne VanDommelen
The corporation is managed and operated by a staff of three as follows:
- Pierre Dupuis, General Manager
- Carm Golding, Accounts
- Lorraine Dupuis, Administrative Assistant
Whether it's new business moving to the community or local business, MID can help with the following:
- Site selection - MID sells land in the Moncton Industrial Park West and Caledonia Industrial Estates.
- Existing Business Facilities - MID can provide information on available manufacturing, warehousing and office space available for lease or purchase.
- MID can provide information and data on the City and the industrial parks in particular.
Moncton Industrial Development 655 Main Street Moncton, NB E1C 1E8
Tel: 506 857-0700
Fax: 506 859-7206