Moncton for Business identifies several key factors that position Moncton, with its business cost and location advantages, as the choice Canadian business location for expansion and relocation including:
- Moncton offers business an advantage with a local work force demographic profile that is not only trained, experienced and reliable, but bilingual.
- Another advantage of Moncton as a business location is our low cost as noted by KPMG in their bi-annual Competitive Alternatives study, which has consistently ranked Moncton in the top of Canadian cities and as #1 in 2012
- A level of technological development, especially with regard to information and data processing, makes the conduct of nationwide business entirely feasible from Moncton. Several major national and international companies in the information and data processing industry sectors have chosen Moncton as their business location in Eastern Canada
- Moncton has long been a viable business location for enterprises like Co-op Atlantic, Medavie Blue Cross and Assumption Life. As well, a host of companies demonstrate the benefits of the industrial parks such as Amcor, Norampac, Pepsi-Cola Canada and NAPA.
- In recent years, Moncton has continued to attract several companies for distribution, manufacturing, regional sales offices and national "back-offices" and call centres. Companies such as Asurion, CGI, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, Purolator Courier and UPS. The Royal Bank chose Moncton for their Royal Direct Call Centre, which is located in the Moncton Industrial Park. Also BBM Canada, Exxon Mobil and Rogers Communications call Moncton home.
- Several companies have established major facilities in Caledonia Industrial Estates such as Shoppers Drug Mart, Loblaw Atlantic, Kohl & Frisch, Kraft Canada, and McKesson Canada. On the manufacturing side, there is Al-Pack Enterprises, Irving Personal Care Ltd., Nutrico/Shur-Gain and Molson-Coors with their first new brewery in 50 years.